Friday, May 18, 2007
With regard to your time and state of mind, I will refrain from offering the details of my latest encounter with Sprint Customer Service. However, this has been by far the worst experience I have ever had with Corporate America.
Sprint Customer service staff is completely incapable of handling simple changes, and they don't care enough about their customers to try to meet their needs or even listen to what they have to say. Sprint has programs in place that are specifically designed to deceive customers, and they continuously fail to honor statements made by their representatives. Don't believe anything they tell you. You must receive what they say in writing, or it will not be validated or even taken into consideration when you call once again due to an unsatisfactory screw up with the company.
The only action you can take, short of carpet bombing their headquarters, is to register a complaint with the Missouri Attorney General's Office, futile though it may be. I regret the day I was tricked into signing on with Sprint, and would like to warn all unsuspecting potential wireless customers who have considered signing with said company to run - RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
May 19 is...
Devil's Food Cake
SUBMITTED BY: Debra Steward "This is an old-fashioned, but easy-to-make devil's food cake recipe. Pound cake like texture and sinfully chocolately. This is from an old Philadelphia Bakery. Great when frosted with Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Frosting."
Devil's Food Cake
SUBMITTED BY: Debra Steward
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 9x13 inch pan or two 9 inch round pans.
- In a small pan melt the butter or margarine with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in color. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well (so you don't end up with scrambled eggs!) Add 1 cup boiled water (still warm) and blend well. Mixture will be very liquid.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Mix together the vinegar and the milk and stir into the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cake divides well for filling with mousse, or ganache, or black forest fillings. The best clue to this cake being nearly done is that you will start to smell the aroma of chocolate filling your house!