- Great Poetry Reading Day
- Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- National Blueberry Pie Day
- Santa Fe Trail Day
|Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect summertime dessert.|| |
- Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cold LAND O LAKES® Butter
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine 2 cups flour and salt in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half into ball. Flatten slightly. Wrap 1 ball of dough in plastic food wrap; refrigerate. Roll out remaining ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan.
- Combine sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in blueberries. Spoon blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Roll out remaining ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Cut out decorative shapes in dough using small cookie cutter. Place dough over filling. Seal, trim and crimp or flute edge. Cover edge of crust with 2-inch strip of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes; remove aluminum foil. Continue baking for 10 to 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and juice begins to bubble through cut-outs in crust.
- Cool pie 30 minutes; serve warm. Store refrigerated.
Makes 8 servings.
TIP: If fresh blueberries are unavailable, substitute frozen blueberries and increase baking time by 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving)
Fat: 15 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 190 mg
Carbohydrates: 53 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 4 g
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Land O Lakes, Inc.